Shop Our Looks
CASUAL FALL MENSWEAR
Earlier this month, I chatted about Drew’s favorite sweaters for fall and today we are chatting about mens fall casual wear. When it comes to Drew’s go to look, 9 out of 10 it includes a Patagonia piece. We love shopping for Drew’s Patagonia pieces on Nordstrom because they always have the best selection of products. Drew was in need of a couple new pieces for Fall after being on a pretty intense workout program of the last couple of months. I came across this Walnut Patagonia jacket and knew he would love the fit and color for fall. We planned to take some Fall family pictures and it was the perfect piece to base our looks around as well! Drew doesn’t shop too often, but when he does, he fills his cart up rather quickly on Nordstrom. Below are the other casual menswear pieces he purchased for Fall.
My pink sweater is the perfect shade of pink and I love how its longer in the back. I paired it with THIS Gorgeous brown and pink plaid scarf that I styled a bit more dressy yesterday. Olivia is wearing the cutest deer print top by Boden Mini. We topped her look off with this adorable bear furry vest. She LOVES this vest! She has asked to wear it almost every day since we got it!
We shot these picture at my grandparents cabin and on their land. We love going out here when the leaves start to change. We will be coming back later in the month to see it again in it’s full Fall glory!
Fall Family Picture Tips
I have received a lot of emails about Fall Family Pictures so I wanted to share my top tips. Family Photos can be stressful and turn into one big headache. I hope these tips make it a bit easier.
1. Pick a Color Scheme- Let’s break this down into a few sections
- Make it Frame Worthy- We all are looking for that money shot to blow up as big as our living room. Keep in mind your living room decor color preferences when picking out your color scheme.
- Keep the Adults in (mostly) Solid Colors- I always put drew and myself in solid colors. I like to add pops of color or prints with my accessories. I typically always leave the fun prints for Olivia’s clothing.
- Play with Layers but Keep them Sleek- That pesky camera can sometimes be unforgiving, so keep the layers to a minimum. I love to belt a look if I want to accentuate my waist too.
2. Have Fun- Some of my favorite shots are the unposed and candid moments. After you get your Christmas Card shot, walk around, laugh, jump in leaves and let loose! Your kids will appreciate it too haha. Sometimes we do this before getting our portrait shot if Olivia is a ball of energy.
3. Light is Key- The best time to shoot Fall pictures is an hour before dusk.
4. Well Rested and Well Fed- Sleepy and Hangry is pretty much a recipe for disaster. I typically like to bring snacks to our shoots too!
Shop the Post
*Thank you to Nordstrom + Rewardstyle for sponsoring todays post. All opinions are my own.