Today I wanted to share our Holiday Traditions and a few more ways you can get into the Holiday spirit!! The Holidays have always been my favorite time of year and they are eve more special with Olivia. I love incorporating traditions Drew and I had has kids and start new ones with Olivia.
1. Go to a Christmas Tree Farm– We started doing this last year and absolutely love it! There is something SO magical about a Christmas Tree Farm. We have been twice this year and I am sure we will sneak one more time in before Christmas!
2. Christmas Baking Day- Every year us girls in my family get together and bake TONS of Christmas treats. This is always one of my most favorite days of December. Olivia absolutely enjoys this too! I hope to share a full post on this with you this year with all our recipes!
3. Go on a Christmas Light Drive– We plan a night every year with our family to go our downtown square. They decorate it so beautifully and the kids love it! We also go on random drives in our Pjs to check out the neighborhood lights.
(pic from last year’s baking day)
4. Make Hot Chocolate and Watch a Christmas Movie– Hallmark movies are my favorite (duh!) and the Grinch is Olivia’s favorite this year. When she was baby she LOVED Rudolph… like obsessed! We even watched in July haha.
5. Make Christmas Ornaments for (Great) Grandparents– We did this for my grandparents this a couple weeks ago and we all delivered them to her! The kids had a ball making the old school pipe cleaner and Popsicle stick ornaments.
6.Bake Cupcakes and Take to Family Members– We get dressed in our pjs and bake some treats to take to my mom, sisters and both sets of grandparents! Olivia also sings a few Carols 😉
7. Christmas Travels- We traveled to NYC last week to do all the Christmas Things! We went to the rockets, saw the Rockefeller Center Tree lighting, Afternoon Tea the Plaza, went ice skating, made our first trip to the American Doll Store and more! We plan to make this a new holiday tradition as there is nothing like NYC during the holidays!
8. Ugly Christmas Sweater Party– My sister usually throws one of these parties! About 5 years ago I posted my Christmas Tree Skirt outfit for an Ugly Christmas sweater party and it was pinned on pinterest like crazy! Check out this post to see my skirt (sorry for the terrible image quality haha!)
9. Write Letters to Santa– Old School, pen and paper and USPS postal service is the only way we do it! Even though I am pretty sure kids will start texting Santa or using apps in the near future lol
SWEATER (ZARA) | BOOTS | HAT (ZARA)
10. Make Reindeer Food- We combine oats, glitter, and flour in a jar. After setting out Santa’s cookies we go sprinkle a bit of reindeer food on our front porch.
11. Pay it Forward at Starbucks– I try to do this at least once a month, but more during the Holidays.
(PEEK OF CHRISTMAS CARD PICTURES #DEAD)
12. Adopt a Family/Angel– The Holiday season is the perfect time to give back to those in need. This year I am having Olivia help me pick out the gifts for the children in our angel family.
13. Holiday Date Night– The holidays are such a busy time so Drew and I set aside a couple of nights for a Date night! This could be as simple as ordering in and watching a movie or getting dolled up and going to our fav restaurant!
14. Elf on a Shelf– We started the Elf this year and Olivia LOVES it. She is not even all the way awake and is instantly looking for her Elf Candy. So far Mama has remembered to move it each night haha.
15. Make Paper Snowflakes– We did this yesterday and hung them up in our dining room windows!
Shop the Post
I hope our traditions serve as some inspo for your too! Another gift guide is below for the girly girl and be sure to check out my Gift Guide Tab thru the weekend! I will have more Gift guides to help you thru your shopping. Next week I have a lot of fun holiday themed posts coming that I can’t wait to share too! Have a great weekend! xoxo Tara